Jewelry Concierge / Customer Service Specialist - POSITION FILLED
We are looking for a smart, motivated, service-oriented individual who’s warm and genuine smile you can feel behind every email, phone call, and DM to join our growing company. The creativity, passion and hard work that drive our brand is a team effort. We are not looking for average. We’re on the hunt for a customer service professional with excellent listening skills who knows how to communicate effectively and go the extra mile for our customers. We are looking for a team player who is skilled at building relationships, eager to show customers what the VM experience is all about, and can support us in our day-to-day ecommerce, social media, and retail store tasks. You will be responsible for supporting the sales, marketing, and fulfillment department in an organized, fast-paced, and supportive atmosphere. We are hoping to fill this role by 3/1 (or sooner!).
What you’ll do:
Customer correspondence: manage and respond to customer emails, phone calls, Facebook messages, and DMs through Instagram in a courteous and timely manner.
Sales Support: Be the first to respond to customer service issues with courtesy and eloquence. Communicate with store managers and sales staff to provide feedback from customers and help spot trends and opportunities. You will be trained to handle order adjustments as requested by customers i.e additions, cancellations, exchanges, and refunds via our ecommerce platform.
Fulfillment Support: Assist the fulfillment manager with customer claims and shipping carrier issues. Engage in direct communication with our clients regarding any order-related information and status updates.
General Support: other tasks as needed
Qualifications / Skills:
- 1+ years in a customer-focused environment
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to handle difficult conversations and manage issue resolution
- Ability to work autonomously under minimal supervision
- High school degree; a college degree is a plus
- Ability to carry packages up to 30 lbs and walk up one flight of stairs to our office in Madrona, Seattle
To sparkle in this role, you:
- Value each customer as an opportunity to connect with and learn from.
- React well under pressure; treat others with empathy, respect, and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for your own actions, show ownership of workspace, and work product.
- Love the brand and ensure that passion is evident in everything you do.
- Continually maintain a record of excellent attendance, punctuality, and job focus.
- Support team members in whatever task is required.
- You understand "white-glove" culture—an environment where everyone does their part to make the customer experience perfect.
- Are reliable, accountable, responsible, and trustworthy.
- Work well independently and in small, close-knit teams.
- Enjoy working with people, possess strong communication skills, and are friendly, outgoing, charismatic, and positive.
- Service-oriented: wants to empower the team to make Valerie Madison an exceptional place to work. Supports back of house processes that raise our service bar for customers and team members.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Because this role offers in-person support and requires familiarity with our products and processes, it does not have work-from-home abilities. This position has a set schedule of Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00 pm with weekends off.|| Salaried compensation range is based on experience. ||We believe in work/life balance, and a non-toxic, collaborative work environment. We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and foreign-born residents to apply. Join our team today!
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.