JEWELRY SALES ASSOCIATE // FULL TIME
We are looking for smart, dynamic, self-starters who bring a love of jewelry, and a desire to help customers celebrate the special moments in their livesto join the growing Valerie Madison team.Our creativity, passion and hard work behind the scenes comes to life in our jewelry showroom. We’re on the hunt for team members who share our passion for exceeding expectations in all that they do. We are not looking for average. We are looking for someone who can provide exceptional service, build relationships, and drive performance. You will be responsible for welcoming and assisting customers in a warm and inviting atmosphere while turning life’s meaningful moments into a celebration worth remembering. We would like to fill this position by October 1.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Jewelry Consultant: Engage customers in conversation to understand their needs and desires. Act as a stylist and advise which items pair well with each other. Offer your own personal experiences and give honest feedback.Show respect for different styles—not a one size fits all approach. Offer a fine jewelry experience that is approachable, special and lasting
Showroom and studio maintenance:ensure presentation, organization, and cleanliness of the showroom
Customer support: Model company standards in customer service by providing gracious, quick and efficient service with a sense of fun to all customers. Own the customer experience and work to exceed expectations. Be point-of-contact for customers (in person, phone, email, etc.) to help them with questions regarding products, services and policies
Events staffing:participate in store events, assist vendors, be flexible and proactive
Product Knowledge: Communicate accurate information and set clear expectations for customers;stay informed with current trends; knowledgeably advise customers on quality, cuts, and/or value of jewelry and gems and assist in selecting mountings and/or settings for gems
Loss Prevention:Exhibit awareness of loss prevention guidelines and comply with all inventory control measures
To sparkle in this role, you:
- Make the best first impression—smile, welcome and connect with customers authentically
- Love the brand and ensure that passion is evident in everything you do
- Nail the delicate balance between sales and service
- Are outgoing, charismatic, friendly, and happy in nature even on a bad day
- Cherish the opportunity to learn, try new things, and see the impact of your work regardless of level
Continually maintain a record of excellent attendance, punctuality and job focus.
- Show ownership of workspace and work product
- Effectively resolve complex customer service challenges, finding solutions that delight customers
Understand white glove culture—an environment whereeveryone does their part to make the customer experience perfect
Work well independently and in small, close knit teams
- Understand department goals and can hit sales targets
- Support back of house processes to better service the customer
- Enjoy working with people and celebrating special events and commemorating memories
- Can work Tuesday – Saturday
- Bilingual is a plus, but not necessary
- Jewelry industry knowledge is a huge plus!
We require availability Tuesday-Friday 10:30am-6:30 and Saturdays 9:30am-4:30pm. This position has set weekends of Sunday and Monday.
|| Compensation is based on experience. || We offer a competitive base pay, plus a commission structure on top of an hourly wage to reward hard work, and a generous employee discount program. We believe in a good work/life balance, and a non-toxic, collaborative work environment. Join our team today!
Please email us your resume to express interest along with samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org