The Valerie Madison Fine Jewelry studio is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as a Studio Assistant. We are looking for someone who loves organization, social media, and will help us build and grow this business. There is an opportunity for this position to evolve into a full time position. This position would not be well-suited for someone who wants to learn with the intention of starting their own jewelry line. This is not a position where you can work from home.
No jewelry making skills are needed for this position. Your role as a Studio Assistant is to assist in directing work flow in the most efficient manner and handling day-to-day tasks that help the studio run effectively.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is kind, enjoys self-guided projects, and who can help this business grow and evolve. You must be a highly organized and detail oriented person. This is a part-time position with the intent of moving into full time as needs grow.
- Online/phone/in-person customer support
- Order preparation, shipping & fulfillment
- Social media management
- Office administrative/accounting work
- Online product management
- Ensure studio maintenance, presentation and organization
- This position will require 15-20 hours per week Monday-Friday any time between 10am-6pm. More hours are usually available during busy times and holiday seasons.
Pay: hourly pay TBD based on experience.
- Organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated
- Ability to interact with customers kindly and patiently via email, phone, and in person
- Familiarity with Google Drive, DropBox, Shopify, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Proficiency in Photoshop and other graphic design platforms is a plus, but not required
- Sales associate experience is a plus, but not required
- Motivated and takes responsibility for their work and work space
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- You must be located in Seattle, Washington and have reliable transportation to work at our jewelry studio located near the International District/Central District (parking is free).
- Must love dogs
If you think you would be a great fit, please submit a cover letter addressing why you would like to be a part of the team and what you feel you could contribute to the company. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Studio Assistant".
Join our list for a first look at new arrivals, exclusive sales, and special events.
(We promise we won't email too often!)